Sunday, January 2, 2011

My Word for 2011

For the last three years I've chosen a word at the beginning of the year that would represent my main focus for the new year. This year after much  thought and deliberation I've chosen REBUILD. I have to say that I thought about going with renew or restore, but after checking with Mr. Webster I decided they wouldn't work. You see those words seemed to refer to getting something back to its former state, returning to the way things were. This year I have a lot of things to work on in my emotional and spiritual journey. For me that means being much stronger than I ever was and probably stronger than I can imagine at this time. So I don't want to go back to the way I was, as much as I want to be so much more. Here is a layout I did about my word for 2011.
Layout: Rebuild by Camille. Template: Anna Aspnes (Artsy Layered Template 13); Digital Paper & Elements: MLE Card (Pretty as a Peacock) included in The Digi Files #21 @ www.thedailydigi.com
If you've never chosen a word to represent your goals for the new year I invite you to try it this year. What's your word for 2011? Leave me a comment.

7 comments:

  1. Awesome layout Camille. Great word!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful layout, & great journaling too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very well written Mother. I hope you know that for as long as you've been with me through my journey, I will also be here for you! I think its you who told me God never gives us more than we can bare...and considering I'm writing this to you i'd hold this statement to be true! Now, if I can only find my word for 2012 LoL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice layout thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Camille! This is really cool! Great idea for the New Year. Thanks for suggesting that I come up with a word for 2011. I think I 'm goin X, no I am choosing Resolve - n. firmness of purpose or intent; determination.
    Peace!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great layout and word choice. I believe in you and know your journey this year to rebuild, will be a success.

    ReplyDelete